Organizations and Activities
United Methodist Women. The United Methodist women are active within the Wesley United Methodist Church, especially reaching out to others through local and world mission projects. Call the church office at 493-2360 for meeting times. All are welcome.
By 1915, the congregation had outgrown the first building. The cornerstone was laid for a new brick church on June 15, 1915 on the site of the original building. The new structure was ready for dedication on December 19, 1915. The new church cost $25,000. The bell for the church was donated by Richard Sykes, the founder of Edgeley. In the 1920s, a $1,500 gift from the Andrew Carnegie Foundation made possible a new pipe organ for the church.
In 1939, the Methodist Epispocal Church, the Methodist Epispocal Church South, and the Methodist Protestant Church joined together to form The Methodist Church. A merger between The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church in 1968 brought about The United Methodist Church.
Currently, Wesley United Methodist Church is aligned with Emmanuel United Methodist Church in Ashley, ND.
More information can be found at our website